The INTELEtrack TELEMETER is an end-of-train monitor system. The system measures the air-brake pressure or vacuum at the end of the train and transmits the information to the driver in the cab via a radio link. More than 500 Inteletrack telemeter systems are in operation in South- Africa, and several systems are in operation in other countries around the world. The Telemeter system can interfaceto track-side equipment like low cost dragging equipment detectors, hotbox detectors and point switching equipment. A complete telemeter system consists of a cab unit mounted or stowed in the cab of a train where the crew operates and a rear unit mounted with a clamp on the last wagon of the train.
The cab unit consists of a microprocessor, radio modem and 16 digit alpha-numeric LCD display, with backlighting for night visibility, and an integral antenna. The cab unit receives the messages from the rear unit via a radio-modem. The air-brake pressure or vacuum is displayed on the Cab unit's LCD display. The status of the cab and rear unit's batteries are also continuously displayed. If the pressure drops below 400 Kpa or the vacuum is less than -35 Kpa, a buzzer will be sounded and a red alarm light will flash. If communication is lost with the rear unit, the cab unit will display an error message "NO COMMUNICATIONS". All alarms are logged in a non-volatile ram buffer. The INTELEtrack Telemeter system is designed to be a simple, rugged and reliable system. Maintenance is done by changing modules. All components are readily available from local suppliers.
- Radio: 5 Watt VHF or UHF
* Depending on the rear unit used:
* With standard portable rear unit: -90 Kpa to 995 Kpa in steps of 5 Kpa
* With any mini portable rear unit: -100 Kpa to 700 Kpa measured in 1 Kpa steps.
* Displayed in 2 Kpa steps from -100 Kpa to 0 Kpa vacuum.
* Displayed in 50 Kpa steps from 0 Kpa to 400 Kpa.
* and in 10 Kpa steps from 400 Kpa to 700 Kpa.
- Display: 16 Digit Alpha-Numeric with LED backlighting.
- Channels: Up to 9999 Telemeters can operate on a single radio channel.
Weight: 5.2 Kg
- Rugged Proven design.
- Low Cost.
- Portable System.
- Long operating time on single battery charge.
- Expandable system.
- Detects possible brake system problems.
- Monitors for train completeness.
- Optional checking for dragging equipment or wheels.
- Prevents track damage due to de-railing with DED
- Compatible with all telemeter rear units.
- Emergency Brake function.
- Customized to user language option.
- Wide range of operational frequencies.
- Optional External antenna on loco Roof.